March is National Bed Month. This is the perfect time to become more aware about your sleep patterns and discover how they can affect your health and wellbeing.
In my opinion, sleep IS the best remedy. My children hear this all the time. When ever one of them pipes up that they don’t feel well, I simply tell them they need to sleep!
Benefits of a good nights sleep include:
- Improved memory.
- Reduced risk of heart disease and other life threatening illnesses.
- Lowers your stress levels.
- Improves your mental health and reduces the chance of depression.
- Your body is repairing itself while you sleep.
If you are having trouble sleeping, try some of these tips.
- Switch off all technology two hours before you go to bed.
- Notice what you eat and try to eat a lighter meal before 6pm.
- Notice your breathing. Try regular, gentle breaths to calm your system.
- Book yourself in for some Calm Therapy Reflexology for a deep sense of relaxation.
For more information about your sleep patterns visit the Sleep Council website.
Jane has been a Reflexologist for 15 years and is experienced with helping people with stress and anxiety. She also works with Maternity clients.